FAQ stands for the English expression Frequently Asked Questions. As such, it is a list of the most frequently asked questions with their respective answers on a particular topic. These types of lists are usual, especially on websites of institutions, organizations or services, and serve to help users clear up the main questions that may arise about the operation of the site or about the necessary steps for any procedure.
On abbreviationfinder, the FAQ is an information tool that allows you to more efficiently manage customer or user concerns. This translates into significant time savings to address more complex and specific issues that may arise. The FAQs are especially frequent in the field of internet, where usually the sites have a section designed to answer the most common questions of users. However, it is a format that has transcended the computer world, and today you can find FAQ in user manuals or information leaflets of some products and services.
Pharmacopoeia is called the compilation text of various products and medicinal prescriptions which include the specifications of the raw material used, the properties and the way of use and combination of the medicines. Pharmacopoeias began to be written, approximately, in the Renaissance and, due to its importance in the area of health, it is a text that has been implemented in a mandatory manner in the health or pharmacy systems of various countries, such as, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Argentina, among others.
The word pharmacopoeia derives from the Greek øαρμακονποιειν, which means to make or elaborate medicines or drugs, nowadays it is the name that receives the book where the descriptions of the medicines are collected. Pharmacopoeias are so important that they are considered as those official texts or technical sheets in which all official codes, quality standards and pharmaceutical formulas that can be freely consulted are exposed in an alphabetically organized manner.
The following points are presented in the pharmacopoeia texts:
- The characteristics that the medicines must meet to obtain the sanitary registry.
- The definitions and abbreviations of the components.
- The new pharmaceutical products and their indications for use.
- Generic medications.
- Over the counter medications.
- Herbal medicines
- New modifications made to medications.
Through the pharmacopoeias of each country, the work is done to promote the good state of public health, dealing with everything related to the elaboration, quality, distribution and promotion of medicines. Therefore, they are considered as a help and safety tool for all citizens who wish to have knowledge about a drug, its components and the correct use of it. Pharmacopoeias also fulfill the function of positioning and guaranteeing the quality of pharmaceutical products, which is why in many countries they exist and enjoy high prestige, such as the North American Pharmacopoeia (USP), the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph.Eur), the Pharmacopoeia German (DAB), etc.
Countries and Acronyms
- Guangdong, China - The fascinating Chinese province of Guangdong, often referred to as Canton, opens up a world of impressive diversity and cultural importance. From idyllic coastal towns to historic sites and a thriving culinary scene, Guangdong offers travelers a highly diverse experience....
- Nafplion, Greece - Nafplio is ancient, and at the same time, lively and modern, port, but clean, calm and safe, Greek, but, as it were, Italian and a little Turkish city. Its narrow streets are good, suddenly leaving steeply upwards, with balconies twined...
- What are the Meanings of Doctrine? - Doctrine, a term that comes from the Latin doctrīna, is the set of teachings that is based on a system of beliefs. According to abbreviationfinder, DOCT stands for Doctrine. These are the existing principles on a given subject, generally with claims of...
- Visa to Abkhazia - Visiting Abkhazia is as easy as shelling pears – Russians don’t even need a foreign passport for this: at the border it is enough to present an internal passport, and, of course, no marks are put on it. The picture...
- Sorochany, Russia - According to ANDYEDUCATION, 49 kilometers from Moscow, at the top of the Dmitrovskaya ridge, there is the Sorochany ski resort, known among the capital’s skiers for the steep slopes and long runs (by Moscow standards, of course). Well-prepared slopes allow...
- Lowell, Massachusetts - Lowell City in the United States Location State Massachusetts County Middlesex County Coordinates 42°38’22″N, 71°18’53″WL General Surface 37.7 km² – country 35.7 km² – water 2.0 km² Residents (April 1, 2020) 115,554 (3237 inhabitant/km²) Website lowellma.gov City Hall of...
- Tarragona, Spain - Tarragona was once the capital of Tarraconian Spain under the Roman Empire, and today is the “home” for a whole list of architectural monuments of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. This relatively calm, almost provincial city with a unique ancient...
- Sharm El Maya, Egypt - Sharm El Maya is one of the areas of the famous Egyptian resort of Sharm El Sheikh. It is located in the southwestern part of the city, on the shore of the bay of the same name. As in all...
- What are the Meanings of Diligent? - The first necessary step that must be taken in order to understand the meaning of the term diligent is to establish its etymological origin. In doing so, we must make it clear that it comes from Latin, since it is...
- What are the Meanings of Squander? - The Latin word dilapidāre came to our language as squandering. This verb refers to wasting or squandering resources, whether their own or those that an individual has the responsibility to manage or administer. For example: “If you continue like this,...