A few days ago I discussed what were the possible games and toys suitable for sharing time with our children, and at the same time, so that they learn things sporting, when kids were a year or more.
Following that post today we explain What are the recommended games for children from 2 years, taking into account that the first thing and most important is that fun, we enjoy ourselves with them and thus they spend time together, but explaining what can help you our children.
I mean learning, because many, most games, can help our children to learn new concepts, to better develop some area and ultimately grow. For this reason it is interesting not pigeonhole our games only in what more like them, but offer variety, Toys different with different applications to make them different things, free game so that they develop their creativity, game run so they are learning standards, cooperative game so that they can understand that teamwork is tremendously useful and symbolic game so they rehearse dialogues, experiences and everyday situations.
Which is not a matter of turn the game into something heavy or pigeonholed in a daily schedule that we have to meet to reach the landmarks that we check them, as if this were a school curriculum of game, but play and have fun, that is the grace, in many different ways. Learning, as I’ve mentioned in previous posts, will come only.
Then I tell you what you can get, indirectly, when we play with our children a lot of different things:
- Stimulate the motor dadesenlamotricidadfinay: He is achieved with manipulative toys, but also with many everyday activities that can help you monitor and improve your mobility in hands and fingers. Thus to boat suddenly occurs to me that you can peel a hard boiled egg, being whoever tries to pick up stickers to paste them into a story, turning pages, play catch crumbs of bread, etc.
- Promote the sense of touch: let you touch and experiment with textures, with elements of nature (sand, water, snow, stones, leaves), hot and cold things… There are also many toys to stimulate touch, with different textures. It is interesting to feel sensations also with the feet or other parts of the body.
- Develop your understanding of the social environment: toys that include characters, pictures or drawings of people and games or activities for identificar are very appropriate and meet the people from their environment, name them, relate them, etc. We can make a kind of small family tree with photos of family members, to explain what are the relations of kinship and where he (or she) is located.
- Understanding and expressing emotions: It may be a little soon, or it may not be, to already understand the different emotions and empathize with those who feel sadness or rejoice when someone is happy. Let’s say that we can begin to show the different States of mind playing to put faces and urging him to put them also. In addition, when actually, it happens when he is angry, put a name to what he feels will help you relate one thing with another, and understand what happens.
- Encouraging interest by the literacy and the graphic expression: further it is important to read stories, name objects, teach written words, talk about the letters, invite you to exercise the stroke, painting… We can put them slates, large roles so they paint as they like, moving the entire arm, simple coloring games, etc..
- Expand your communication skills: in the same way that we can work the emotions, you can work also speech. This is done mostly with every day, talking a lot, listening to what you tell us, explaining what we do, what we will do, saying new words, explaining stories, etc..
- Foster drive tasks: the development of the gross motor skills is important, since in this way it improves the control and coordination of their body movements. Thus, you can in addition, be aware of his own strength and learn to control it. Some movement games suitable for this age are making with tricycles, balloons and balls, among others.
- Overcome challenges and stages of change in its development: in this stage occur difficult changes like accept the school, stop using the pacifier or diaper, etc. In these processes are useful toys and games that we can make use of symbolic play. It is recommended to start to play it until it happens, to advance us to the problem or to change and which go internalized these innovations, seen in “lives” of other characters. Then these situations can provide experience for their own benefit and to internalize these changes in a more normal manner. Obviously, keep playing to it also as the changes happen, because through the game he can also explain barriers is recommended, or what you feel.
But already I can’t spend so much time with him because he started the College
Around two years many children begin to go to day care, if it is not that they were already, and many start school because they have not yet fulfilled the three. This subtracts time to be with them and makes us play less. Well, given that the College already work many of the areas that we discussed, because they carry out a much more targeted than the home game, what we can do is precisely the opposite, abusing free game, I lie down with you and”we play what you want”, Word, tales, explain our day, explaining us what they want, of the going for a ride, from the help me are going to make the purchase and ultimately continue to share time and experiences. What better way to create ties, strengthen the emotional bond and help them make better that not spending so much time with us to live with them our life. Love and the game does else.