After speaking of games and toys for children from 0 to 6 months and for children 6 to 12 months, today we are going to explain what are games and toys that we can use to enjoy with children who have already one year.
As we did with the entry of children from 6 to 12 months, we will focus primarily on those points that we can help our children develop through play, making it clear that the main objective has to be fun with them and improve our relationship of parent and child, being aware of the learning and development will come as a side effect.
Secondary objectives of the game from one year
From the twelve months the game and toys will make that our son be developing and growing as a person, improve psychomotor field, learning new concepts and starting to rehearse the life, to learn how to be an individual within the society (an very early, of course, since it is still small).
I speak of this as secondary objectives, which come almost unwittingly, if we play with them, but I mention it for that you see what happens when we share time with them, games and laughs, and so you see that children need some variety of games and do not focus only on what more like. With this I want to tell you that you should try to avoid that the day of his birthday, as what they like are cars, receives only cars. All acertarán with the gift, but the child’s play will be very poor, very little varied.
We will then see these secondary objectives that I comment:
- Learn how to walking and aﬁanzar balance: do it alone because learning to walk, do it without our help. Our mission is to provide an environment in which to do so safely, with sufficient freedom to guard against accidents by walking. Come on, that ended that leave clothes lying on the ground, among other things.
- Experiment with new movements in space: roll on the ground, play catch, to overcome obstacles, or play with tows, ride, balls or other toys that stimulate movement. All this helps to coordinate motor and is also very funny.
- Assimilating the concept of directionality: to achieve this can help us simple constructions and toys to put in ﬁla (horizontal) or stack (vertical). With these activities, they are beginning to understand the concepts of order and sequence.
- Become familiar with your body, your personality and your own image: It is important to understand the difference “I”-“not me”. Are fundamental plays on the body schema, which incorporate mirrors, or just plant them in front of one and talking and gesturing so they look at us both front as on the side, thus they also see themselves and soon will be understanding that they are not a baby, but themselves, who are there before.
- Learn Some colors: brightly coloured toys, are interesting because with them we propose grouping or search by color games. The red, blue, yellow and green are often the first learning.
- Improve your coordination movements in the hands and fingers: with activities such as threading, painting, slide, fit, handle, etc. Little by little there to get the hand-eye coordination, in addition to segmenting the movements of fingers and is achieved with those games where you must use much the hands and fingers, clear.
- Differentiate shapes and sizes: We have to provide toys of different shapes and sizes as cubes to put one inside the other, geometric ﬁguras, etc. In addition, it is important to discuss with them, the shapes, sizes and their equivalents, inviting them to reason about this in a way suited to their age.
- Learn how to share and practice the concepts of giving and receiving: are appropriate activities and games that invite share, request or deliver objects, nor should we obsess over getting to share. With time and age are learning it satisfactory that might be leaving something else and get sharing space, time and game.
- Experiment with the capacity objects: many toys can help you understand concepts like full-empty, high-low, cabe-no fits, as well as playing in the water with cups, for example.
- The beginning of the symbolic play: It usually begins to occur towards the 18 months and is the game with which children imitate what they see, playing it while they pretend to be people who are not. Also do so through toys, especially dolls, who speak and communicate according to the phrases or situations that have seen or experienced. It is the game that tested life to incorporate the behaviors that come said. To do this they need elements that can develop it as dolls, puppets or costumes, if they want to interpret characters.
And MOM and dad
And on many occasions, finally, will no longer make lack nothing of all this, but simply a bit of time with mum and dad, lying with the baby, hoping to be invited to games. In this way can be born games not scheduled, created instantly, without more use our hands or our communication, because what is important, at the end and at the end, are we, the time we spend with them.