PARAMETERS TO BE CONSIDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE
- Always check that you have the CE mark (although, as mentioned above, the presence is not always a guarantee of safety). It must also be clear the name of the producing company, the corporate name, the origin of the toy
- Always read all the instructions for use
- Check that the eyes, mouth, buttons … are not easily detachable and that any detachable parts are of such dimensions that they cannot constitute a danger to children that may bring them to the mouth
- In case of mechanical toys, make sure the gears are not easily accessible by the baby. Same goes for batteries, batteries …
- iron parts or sheet metal should be well protected and not rusty
- Electric toys must be equipped with an external transformer and a low voltage circuit breaker device (up to 24 volts)
- The paints used should always be non-toxic. Check that there are no phthalates in plastic toys
- Make sure that the packaging does not constitute a problem for the small. Many toys, in fact, are often packaged in plastic bags that can become dangerous if used improperly
- From time to time, check the status of use of the toy.If excessively damaged or broken better eliminate them
Not all toys intended for children ensure safety and reliability, and parents are not always aware of what are the parameters to be assessed at the time of purchase.
Choose a toy to give to a child is not just (or should not only mean) buy an item. Not only because the toys are for the little instruments of growth and education (each purchase, then, should underlie the part of those who make fun of evaluations and psycho-pedagogical), but also by reason of products to a category considered vulnerable – children in fact – should respect strict safety parameters, eliminating any possibility of a health risk.
As you move in the post about toys suitable for children from 0 to 3 years, we will continue the series of articles, now approaching the age group ranging from 3 to 6 years. The fundamental keys of this stage are:
- At this time the children acquire an greater autonomy and are more self-sufficient. In addition, school, Park, neighbors, co-workers begin to play an important role, since they will be their new playmates; until now were parents or siblings who had in many cases this paper. It will begin to form and develop the way in how they relate to outside the family, it will begin his social life, to put it in some way.
- This new relationship with peers will be to develop their communication skills, empathy and will learn to abide by certain rules and regulations, to win, to lose and to cope with the feelings that this entails.
- It is a stage of experimentation, with themselves and with the environment.